Wednesday 11 January 2017

A Light-Bulb Moment - A Christmas Wish to All Part 3

Hello Friends! How have the first weeks of 2017 been for you? Mine quite eventful, to say the least, but all in a good way! The Christmas tree and all decorations are gone now but I still have a Christmas/winter project left to share with you. This make is part of the Christmas lights trio I created for the Craft Stamper Magazine and you might have already seen my Altered Christmas Lantern and my Decoupage Christmas Candle. If you haven't,  be sure to check them out!

Altered light bulb mixed media decoupage

This is an upcycled large light bulb turned into a Christmas bauble ornament. After painting the bulb with Chalky Finish paints,  the image was transferred using a dry decoupage technique with Adhesive Sheets rather than through a traditional way of wet decoupage with decoupage glue. Then I heat embossed it with Kaleidoscope powder and coloured it with Inktense pencils, before sealing it all with matte varnish.

Dry decoupage Christmas bauble



Tim Holtz Sizzix poinsettia die

There's lots more of wintery and snowy inspiration on the Stampendous blog this week. Be sure to check it out!

Supplies:

Stampendous: Snow Queen; Crystal Micro Glitter, Champagne Crushed Glass Glitter; Kaleidoscope Embossing Powder; Spoonful of Pixie Dust
Memento Ink: Tuxedo Black
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®: 3D Foam Snowflakes; Adhesive Sheets 4"x6"
DecoArt Americiana Decor ® Chalky Finish: Everlasting; Vintage
DecoArt Snow-Tex, DuraClear Ultra Matte Varnish
Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Die: Tattered Poinsettia
Derwent: Inktense Pencils
Large light bulb
Seam binding ribbon
Pearl lace
Cheese cloth
Spray of foam berries
Decorative pins
Tissue paper

Thank you for stopping by and for your lovely comments!

Big hugs

Asia King Blog signature_small

Follow on Bloglovin
♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin'

8 comments:

Jane said...

Wow this is amazing and so original. I love it x

Unknown said...

Hi Asia...I love this project.....I also learnt loads watching your YouTube tutorial on dry decoupage technique...thank you...and Happy New Year!! xxx

Tracy Welham said...

Simply stunning! Thank you for sharing a video on the technique too. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love it. So gorgeous in every way!

barbara macaskill said...

This totally blows my mind! It is so stunning and inspirational! I make ornaments for my kids and grandchildren every year and think my granddaughter would love one like this for Christmas 2017! Thanks for the inspiration! I always love seeing what you create because I know it will be awesome!!! TFS!

Viki Banaszak said...

That is just gorgeous!

McStamper said...

What an amazing, beautiful project. Thanks for sharing your inspiration.

Ros Crawford said...

This is exquisite! You are so talented!

.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... All content, except where stated (including text, photographs and designs), is copyright of Asia King (Creative Spell Designs). I share my artwork for personal inspiration only. I don’t mind if you copy any of my designs for your own personal use, providing you give me credit by referring to my blog. You may not however copy my designs and photographs for contests and publications entries (online or otherwise) or to sell in either handmade or printed form. You may not copy my designs and photographs for advertising & commercial purposes, without my prior permission. Thank you for your understanding.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory blog button flower Photobucket Crafty Blogs

Let's Tweet!

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Under a creative spell, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena